HANDS / Axel Wilner
The Soul Is Quick
- Hands is the new project of Axel Willner AKA The Field
- Beelitz-Heilstätten is a 60-building treatment sanatorium complex southwest of Berlin built in the late 19th century to help rehabilitate the growing number of tuberculosis patients in the expanding city of Berlin. During the Great War, it was turned into a military hospital and was where a young Adolf Hitler was treated for a thigh injury acquired during the Battle of the Somme.
- 'The Soul Is Quick' is the second full length release on WALLS's label Ecstatic after Not Waving's 'Umwelt'.
Ecstatic welcomes The Field's Axel Willner to the fold with his debut record as HANDS - four tracks of plaintive devastation spread over fourty one minutes, disintergrating synth melodies drifting over skittering percussion and whispered intonations.
Axel Willner : "The Soul Is Quick is a protest record for when you've had enough of how the world works. When you find yourself taking inspiration from human decay rather then brighter things."
Roland JX-3P, Roland SH-101, Tenori-On, Elektron Machinedrum – Axel Willner
Written, produced and recorded by Axel Willner between March and April 2012 at Garmonbozia Studios, Berlin.
1. Beelitz-Heilstätten pt6 10.50
2. Beelitz-Heilstätten pt7 09.06
3. Beelitz-Heilstätten pt10 07.13
4. Beelitz-Heilstätten pt11 13.08